Monday, April 18, 2011

Shooting with Jeremy Alex R (the Icebreaker)


On Wednesday we went riffling with Jeremy. We had to get up fast and push hard so we could go shooting. I was really happy to shoot because I thought I would like to shoot big guns. I had fun talking to Wes about guns on the way there. 
When we got to the range I was scared to shoot because of the kick. I have never shot a rifle before, but I did go shoot pistols with my step-dad. Once it was my turn I got into prone position (LAYING DOWN!) I was afraid of how hard the kick would be, but there was no kick for the 22 caliber.
Our first round we got to shoot a 22 caliber and it was really easy. Our second round some of us, including me, got to shoot a mosin nagant which is a World War 2 gun. I also got to shoot a 22 with a scope on the gun. 
At the end of rifling Jeremy and Wes looked at our targets and whoever had the best score got a medal. The winner was the kid who’d never shot a rifle before (which was me)! I had a blast shooting guns and I hope I can go shoot guns when I get back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment