Monday, April 18, 2011

hotsprings, frozen toes, and cargo skirts.

This EX we went to Wyoming. It was really cold and snowy, not my kind of weather at all. We went to the SOAR base at Dubois; the hot springs at Thermopolis, rock climbed at Lander, and came back to Dubois.
The first time we were at Dubois, we didn’t do much except backpacking in warm springs. It was a short trip (both in days and mileage), but it was in the snow. We also got to do school in the buildings at base.
Thermopolis was my favorite part of the trip. The campground was warm (NO SNOW!) and we had a pavilion for when it rained. It was a very nice campground, with some nice views of the river, a lot of open space, many trees, and 2 playgrounds. It was a lot of fun just being there.
On the first day of Therm-Op (the nickname of Thermopolis), we went to the Dino Center. It was a small building, but a very interesting one. My favorite exhibits were Jimbo, the huge Gigasaurus (which is like a gigantic brontosaurus, the long necked ones), and the Gastonia Burgei, (similar to an anklosaurus, the armored thing), and its close relatives, the cheese burgei and the bacon burgei, and, the only plant to have an animal relative (or as my sister would call it, a planimal) the veggie burgei. There’s another relative that their not quite sure what it is, called the tofurkey burgei.
We also went to the hot springs that day. It was very warm, and we did an outdoor pool. Too bad it started to drizzle while we were out there. It was more than warm enough, even with the drizzle.
The next day we went to star plunge, a hot spring water park! We jumped off the diving board and made huge splashes, and we went into an incredibly hot hot tub, called the lobster pot. We also went down a water slide. I got stuck several times. Once I had to scoot down half of it, and another time I got stuck at the bottom, so I practically walked out. It was really fun.
Lander was a fairly short trip being a drive-in day, climb day, drive-out day kind of trip. Not much happened, to be honest, but it was fun to climb.
The second Dubois trip was fun. We did rifleing on the first day. I found out I’m better with the heavy gun because I got a bulls-eye when I used it. Scopes made me worry too much because every little movement is magnified.
We also did snowshoeing, which I’m not a big fan of. I’d rather just hike on solid ground.
All in all, it was a pretty good trip. Snow isn’t really my thing, but I think that’s just me. The end of the year is coming fast and I can’t wait! I’m ready to go home, and see my family again.
Cedric got a lot of new friends recently, so if you see people with a little gnome, don’t be surprised!

Random thoughts:
Quotes of the EX: “Connor: I want to be in a room full of hundreds of girls so I can be lost in a sea of emotions.” “Chris: don’t worry; being around me and Kyle for about 10 minutes has the same effect” “me: I’M TRAPPED IN A GLASS SEA OF EMOTIONS!” and, just to note, I wear cargo pants all the time “me: look! I found a cargo skirt!” “Chris: it’s just your color too!”
Gnome hats. Phear them.
Knights VS. dragons dual deck… more alara cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment